We are pleased to announce that our school will be reopening the school year. The first day of classes is Tuesday September 8, 2020.
- Meezan School Plan to Reopen, Fall 2020 (PDF)
- Learning Package Options 2020-08-11 (PDF)
- School Calendar 2020-2021 (PDF)
Healthy and Safety Protocols
In reopening the school, we will be adopting new health and safety protocols. Some of the many strategies we will be adopting as part of reopening:
- Social distancing at the school and in classrooms.
- Safety equipment and PPE (masks mandatory from grade 3 to 8).
- Regular sanitation/cleaning of facility and equipment throughout the day.
- New school and class routines based on health and safety protocols.
- Expanded use of Google Classroom.
- Staggered outdoor breaks and more outdoor classes.
- Zuhr prayers held in each classroom.
- Individual spaces and learning materials.
- Regular health checks at the start, during, and end of day.
- Dedicated classrooms for use with only one class.
- We will also be strictly limiting classroom sizes this school year.
These protocols will adhere to guidelines and directions provided by both the Ministry of Education and Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health.
Approaches to Learning and Classes
With classes restarting, our school will be implementing a normal/conventional school-day routine with new health and safety protocols.
From Monday to Thursday, classes will resume as full-day schooling. For each Friday, however, there will only be a half-day of school during the morning.
Online learning and communication will also be an important part of learning for students in grades 1 to 8. Available for some subjects, parents/guardians will have the flexibility to opt having their child/children learn from home while also reserving a placement in class.
While we work towards reopening the school, we could really use your feedback. To share your feedback on reopening, please go to our Survey for Reopening in Fall 2020.
To guarantee a place for your child in September, you will need to pre-register before Monday August 17, 2020.
Note: You will need to complete the pre-registration form for each returning student.
New to the School?
Join our school, either through in-class learning or online. If you request in-class learning, but the class is full, we will add you to our waiting list and provide you with the option for online learning as well.