Following the Ministry of Education’s announcement, Meezan School is extending March Break by 2 additional weeks. There will be no classes during these 3 weeks.
We have received many questions from parents and guardians concerning the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. As with all health matters, Meezan School is working closely with information being provided by the health authorities, including Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health. We are also closely coordinating efforts with the Muslim Society of Guelph.
To help reduce the risks of getting this infection (as with any other infection), health authorities are recommending individuals do the following:
- stay home if you are sick or have a fever;
- when coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with your arm to reduce the spread of germs;
- dispose of any tissues you have used as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards;
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands;
- avoid visiting people in hospitals or long-term care centers if you are sick.
We are also aware that many families travel during the school year. Please inform us if you are planning to travel and when you will return. If you are returning from another country including the US, or are in contact with people who have recently traveled to another country, that you follow the advice from public health authorities when returning to ensure you and your family remain healthy. If your child does travel outside the country, we are also asking that they return to school only after 14 days of self-isolation during which time they do not become ill or a doctor’s note is provided that states that tests for COVID-19 were negative on their return.
Meezan School will continue to take steps to ensure that the school is a safe and welcoming place for learning. As we receive further information from health authorities, we will keep you updated.
For more information and updates: